How Does Airpower Happen?

"Not Once In My Life Have I Ever Worried About Anything Up There." - MG Jim Boozer, US Army

"I asked Jim to talk to (us). One of the things he said right at the beginning kind of startled me. He said, 'You know, I've been in the Army a long time now...every time I am in the field as a commander I worry about everything....but not once in my career have I ever worried about anything up there.'

That's a quote. Think about that for a minute. That's a remarkable quote. He has no idea how it happens either, by the way. He'll freely tell you that. He just doesn't worry about it because it's never wrong.


...That is an incredible testimony. Its also a little worrisome because he doesn't know how it happens. He has no idea what goes into it. He doesn't know the resources required. He doesn't understand how many people are operating to make sure he doesn't have to worry about what's up there.

I believe my job, Our job, is to tell him."

Gen Welsh, CSAF, at the AFA Air and Space Conference and Technology Exhibition 18 Sept 2012.




No comments:

Post a Comment